Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break

I'm not sure what spring break is supposed to be. As a teacher, you look forward to the week because the kids have usually not had a day off in over a month, they are whiny, refusing to do work, and the number of fights at school drastically increases. Students just want a week of fun. Are teachers supposed to be grading papers? Taking vacations? Cleaning the houses they have neglected because they are working at the school for 10-12 hours a day while only getting paid for 8 (there is no over time in teaching, sadly)? I'll tell you what I'm doing.

Monday: laid on my stomach all day because my sunbrn was flaming red and I was in pain
Tuesday: went over to my friend Jill's, played with her 4 month old daughter, and played with Mark Kay makeup (spent too much money on that)....then went to work at the Old Fort Pub at 4 until about 8
Wednesday: tutored a student who cannot attend school because of medical concerns, then went to work at Old Fort Pub from 3:30 until about 8:30
Thursday: have yet to be determined, but will be working at Old Fort Pub
Friday: have yet to be determined, but will be working at Old Fort Pub and then driving to Beaufort to see the kittens and stay with J
Saturday: we are looking at a house at 10am and then I have to work at OFP at 4
Sunday: still working at OFP

This is not a break. At least I will be paid well for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment