Tuesday, April 14, 2009

J


I love j. For any of you who might actually read this, we met at a rubgy after party about 2 1/2 years ago. We started hanging out at rugby parties almost 2 years ago....we traded numbers at some point but he managed to save mine wrong and started texting a complete stranger, and I thought he wasn't interested because I never heard from him. My roommate talked me into sending him a text message one night, and within 3 weeks we were together.
He makes me a better person. With him I am calmer, less nervous, less sad, and more confident about the future. I sleep better when he is near, and the sound of his voice is enough to make me worry less. For those of you who really know me, I inherited my tendency to worry from my dad's mom, and my tendency towards depression from my mom (and that is a huge load for anyone to bear). On Easter Sunday I had to work at Old Fort Pub from 10am to 8:30pm. He sent me text messages all day to cheer me up, and then when I came home he had made my bed (i hate making my bed), taken out the trash, and bought me roses. He wasn't there, but he came over after Easter dinner at a friend's house to rub aloe into my sunburnt skin. I wish I could be as good as he is. I don't think I know how to be that unselfish and caring.
J won his rugby game on Sat. afternoon (where I got my sunburn) and that means we are traveling to Columbus, GA for the next round of tournaments. We keep talking about taking a weekend and getting out of town....but this is not what either of us were talking about. It will be good to get away for the Hilton Head/Bluffton/Beaufort area though.

No comments:

Post a Comment