Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Getting home from work

There's something I love about getting home from work. I can (hopefully) shut the door on everything that happened at work (I have made a LOT of people mad at me over the past week for advocating for my kids, although I have the ESOL district level coordinator backing me up) and I can play around in my tiny kitchen. Cooking is the one thing that really relaxes me. I love creating new healthy meals and I love that I get to eat the end product. I always always follow the recipe the first time through, just to make sure that it tastes ok, and then I get to experiment. I love to experiment. Tonight its a Maple-Mustard pork roast with roasted potatoes and carrots. We are also going to have romaine salads. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen after work, and the best part is that I have a wonderful man who does the dishes after dinner! I love it. I have the next couple weeks planned out, and I've got to say that I really can't wait until I get to make lasagna....only 9 more dinners to go! I love lasagna and it is so much fun to make!

As you can see, this is the best way I know to decompress after a long day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment